Hoggetowne Middle School is joining the mission to end childhood obesity. As one of the most active schools in the United States our students must be dressed, ready to move. It is for this reason that Hoggetowne students are required to dress in a uniform consisting of:
- A Hoggetowne Middle School t-shirt.
- Pants or shorts.
- Pants or shorts must be worn at the waist.
- Undergarments must not be visible at any time.
- T-shirts may not be altered (cut or tied) or changed.
- Tummies may not be showing when seated or standing.
- All shorts must touch the kneecap when standing.
- Clothing may not display offensive, or suggestive messages – which promote sex, racism, violence, drugs or alcohol, as judged by HMS staff.
- Students may not wear sunglasses indoors.
- Students must check hats, bandanas, or do-rags in upon arrival and check them out upon departure.
- Clothing must be clean and in good repair (no holes in clothing, tattered ends, or excessive stains).
- All unclaimed clothing will be donated to charity or recycled.
- Accessories may not be used that are determined by Hoggetowne Middle School staff to be potentially dangerous or disruptive.
Additional articles of clothing may be required to participate in performances and field trips and will be identified by the sponsoring teacher or principal.
The school t-shirt must be visible and may not be covered by other shirts or sweaters. Jackets that cannot be completely unzipped or unbuttoned may not be used.
On days that Hoggetowne Scholars leave school grounds for a field trip the red t-shirt is required.